CROPS During Lockdown!
We wanted to get in touch to update you on what we at CROPS have been up to recently. The closure of schools and the UK wide lockdown has meant that we have had to work in different ways!
Whilst we have been able to switch some of our time to planning for future events and activities, let me say: CROPS hasn’t ground to a halt!
I want to assure you that during this time of challenge and change we remain absolutely committed to supporting young people in the best ways that we can. The CROPS team have been connected daily through video calls and remote office working online, and have been focussing on:
- Creating & Delivering 40x ‘Bags of Blessing’ for year 11 & 13 students who’d just heard that exams were cancelled – including a postcard with a personal message and Bible verse for them.
- Planning, preparing, and filming for an online version of The Point (April onwards)
- Responding to school requests to offer phone-based mentor support to vulnerable young people.
- Creating digital content for young people who follow CROPS social media:
- Prayer request posts
- Fun Challenges
- Share your best photo from Letton Hall and tag CROPS.
- 5 Ways to cope during isolation
- Tuesday Truths – Scripture-based inspiration
- Wednesday Word – Reposting talks from our podcast archives
- Encouragement posts: ‘Gratitude’, ‘Hold on to Hope’
- Video call with October Letton Hall speaker to discuss and plan teaching theme direction.
- Maintaining our weekly CROPS team meeting to catch up, encourage each other and pray, via Zoom App.
As we approach what would have been the start of the summer academic term, we will be contacting more schools to offer support for them and their young people during this time.
Please keep us in your prayers at this time as we seek to respond to the opportunities God puts before us in this time.
Keep an eye out for our next newsletter that will appear soon – looking back on what we were able to do during the Spring term before lockdown kicked in!
Thank you for your continued support and prayers.
Yours in Christ,